Friday, November 28, 2008

My Thoughts On Communications 253

Aside from the fact that I always enjoy Ted’s classes, I found Communications 253 to be extremely interesting not just because of the content of the course but because of the assignments the course consisted of. I felt that the video project was a very original assignment that probably will not come up again in the course of my university experience. After all the work that was put into constructing the video it was really interesting for me to see the final product. I particularly enjoyed interviewing people and acting as a sleazy guy for one of the scenarios in our video. The blog assignment was also a very interesting aspect to the course. I had never really been introduced to the process of blogging before and it was really fascinating to not only learn about it but to actually participate in my own blog. At times it was difficult to come up with ideas to write about, but once I got going it all seemed to flow nicely from there on. I find the study questions that Ted gives before the exams to be very effective, especially when you are studying with a group. In my opinion, the overall course was very excellent and I enjoyed doing the assignments as well as listening to the lectures. The only downfall of this course I think was the early morning Thursday class and I think everyone will agree with me on that. Altogether I enjoy Ted as an instructor and I am looking forward to taking more of his courses in the future!

No comments: